Friday, February 20, 2009

A friend looks at fifty

Ok now I have a friend that is turning 50 today, since I'm right behind her I have to take a look at my self and see if I'm where I thought I would be. On valentines day I took some treats to another friend who was turning 55 and she said "Deanna I'm not where I thought I'd be at 55" so here we are looking down the road and wondering what am I doing to make sure that I'm OK with 50 and 55.
I think that the way you treat people is key, my 55 friend is THE sweetest lady I know, I just love her and she buoy's me up with positiveness, she is so warm and loving, yes I do love her. Even though she's not where she wants to be I look up to her allot.
My friend that's 50 is so smart, its been said that she's too scary because she's so smart, people think she's bitchy, but... she gets the job done what every the situation. So is she bitchy or really good at getting things done right! I like to think that she has rubbed off on me and that I'm a little more assertive now.
I'm trying to take a more thoughtful look at my life and what is important to me. I hope that when 50 hits me sometime in the year 2010 that I'll be ready for the next half of my life and not too disappointed with the first half. It's like Gary says you cant change the past but you can do better with today. Oh and I cant forget Marty with "It is what it is" I love that. Cuz it's so true!
You know at 50 your likely to be more than half done with your life. Scary

1 comment:

malleygirl said...

ok so I totally thought you were turning 40. Iknow this is a crazy thought, if you do the math! Your just so young!